“I am a breakfast-aholic. Almost any breakfast-related food is particularly wonderful, and for some reason, the best breakfasts are those when you don’t have to jump start your day. On busy weekdays, I normally make and drink a protein mix in less than 5 min. But on those luxurious days when we have time to fully enjoy our day, I love a good breakfast in the morning. The spinach, Swiss, and tomato omelet is a particular favorite because it’s relatively healthy, very easy to make, and extremely yummy.”
French Omelet With Spinach & Swiss Cheese (Food.com)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half or 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup sautéed spinach, drained
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 strip lemon peel
- 1. Whip eggs, liquid and seasonings.
- 2. Melt butter in a 10″ non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over high heat.
- 3. Heat until bubbly.
- 4. Pour egg mixture into skillet.
- 5. Immediately begin shaking the pan while making small, quick stirring motions with the bottom of a fork.
- 6. Remove from heat when eggs no longer run but are still quite moist.
- 7. Add cheese and spinach to top half of omelet.
- 8. Fold in half and invert onto a plate.
- 9. Tuck the thin edges under the omelet if desired.
- 10. Let rest 1 minute.
- 11. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a strip of lemon peel.
- 12. Makes one omelet.